Monday, January 27, 2014

Birthday Pictures 9

From a friend I have yet to meet:


"Here's a picture of me that my sister took while we were waiting for fish & chips at the Ivar's restaurant in Burien, WA.  It was the first picture my Sis took with a cell phone.  The T-shirt I'm wearing celebrates the BBC series Red Dwarf, which was carried by the Seattle PBS affiliate.

A few weeks later, after lunching at the same restaurant, I won a doubles bowling tournament with a young man who had recently returned from Army duty in Afghanistan.  Since we had left the tournament before it ended, the tournament director couldn't take a picture of us (with an oversized prop check) for their website. When the tournament director called to tell me I won, he asked if I could e-mail a picture.  This is the one I sent him."


No comments:

Post a Comment